A proxy server can be helpful to change IP addresses and regions to access a blocked website. Furthermore, it also serves to use the Internet anonymously. Here is how to setup a proxy for PC.
- It is easy to set up a proxy on your devices.
- Proxy for PC help to keep us anonymous.
Whatever the reason, you need to set up a proxy server on your Windows, Mac, and Web browser. Follow the tutorial and learn how to proxy for PC.
How to Setup a Proxy for Web Browser
Now let’s start with the most important. Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world, and it allows you to configure proxies. To proxy for PC, you have to follow the following steps:
- Click on the three points of the Settings.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and display the advanced settings.
- Click on Open proxy settings.
In the pop-up that opens, you may have to choose between HTTP and HTTPS proxy, in which case you should go for the former, at least for now. You may also see the option to “Use a proxy for everything.”
- Go to the Connection tab and select LAN Settings.
- Enter the IP address of the proxy you want to use in the IP field.
- Enter in the proxy ports.
- Hit Confirm.
How to Setup a Proxy for Windows PC
The process can be done by the system settings themselves, without having to install any extra applications.
- Access Windows 10 Settings. To do this, open the Start menu and click on “Settings” on the left side;
- In the system settings window, click “Network and Internet”;
- Now, on the left sidebar, click on “Proxy,” and on the right, activate the option “Use a proxy server.” Finally, enter the server data (address and port) and click “Save.”
This way, you will be able to configure a proxy server on your computer or tablet with Windows 10, access blocked websites in Brazil, and preserve your identity.
How to Setup a Proxy for Mac
If you want to set up a proxy for Mac computer, you can do that using the Safari browser. Instructions
- Open Safari on Mac. Then click on the menu “Safari” and “Preferences.”
- Click on “Advanced.” Then click on the “Change Settings” tab. Check the box next to “Web Proxy.”
- Enter your proxy address in your “Web Proxy Server” window, then enter its port number. You can get this data from the administrator if you don’t have access to these details.
- Create a passcode for your proxy if you haven’t already done so by checking the “Proxy server requires password” field and then clicking on “Set Password.” Click “Enter.”
Proxies provide an extra level of security for computer users when they use proxy for PC. When your computer communicates with a server, it gets its query online and returns to your laptop or desktop. This stops your machine from having direct online access and protects your system from various types of harmful applications or trojans.